Building Information Modeling
Turning data into value
Cities are growing everywhere around the world. But they often lack reliable and sustainable transport solutions. Building new rail infrastructures or expanding existing ones is a challenging endeavor. Time and cost pressures are steadily increasing: Managing a high number of interfaces and requirements in absolute precision, while supply chains increasingly span different time zones and locations. By combing these data, rail infrastructure projects can be executed most time- and cost efficiently. That is one of the many benefits of Building Information Modeling. But BIM creates value even way beyond the planning phase of a rail infrastructure project - and over the entire lifecycle.
Originating from the construction industry, BIM is a state-of-the-art methodology for full virtual planning and integrating all planning partners and information available while improving planning quality. Additionally, this data provides the basis for efficient maintanance based on full transparency. Siemens Mobility uses BIM to create a digital twin – a virtual model of rail infrastructure projects or parts of it planned for implementation. This involves the use of computer-generated 3D modeling and the information integrated into or linked with the models. Once the model meets all specifications it is tested virtually before it is installed. This is how BIM enables significant productivity gains in all phases of the project.
BIM creates value sustainably over the entire lifecycle
Real-time design status
See your project design in real time
The latest design status is always available for all project partners, enabling you to:
- Make decisions in real time
- Avoid losing vital information
High quality 3D visualization
Experience your project with high quality 3D visualizations
Creating a digital twin of the planned infrastructure solution within its environment offers you:
- Planned look and feel at an early project phase
- Visual support for discussions with stakeholders, governments, informing the public
- Risk mitigation of non-budgeted change orders
Fast and accurate design process
Accelerate the design process
All design partners have access to the same data, the only source of truth. This allows for:
- Seamless co-creation across companies, countries and time zones
- Fast and qualified response to adaptations
- Model-based space coordination
- Mitigation of planning risks
Full-scale digital testing
Verify your design with comprehensive digital testing
Full-scale digital testing ensures 100% validated design before starting construction.
- Detecting clashes before construction
- Reducing risk of expensive changes during construction
Highest standards to ensure cyber security
Technical standards and control mechanisms minimize security risks during the BIM engineering process.
- A thorough and consistent security concept manages cyber-attacks and unauthorized access
- A tailored level of security safeguards your critical processes and data
- The protection concept is based on the leading security standards for railway industries
Live status visualization
Monitor the construction progress at any time
Real-time project data of the infrastructure project to support the project execution.
- Faster collection of records via digital interfaces e.g. on-site
- Enhanced project information model data for greater health and safety performance
Extensive construction scanning
Create a 100% accurate digital twin for improved operations
As-built data is gathered and integrated in the digital twin.
- Avoid clashes arising from deviations during construction
- Enables digital planning of necessary changes for risk mitigation during construction
Faster project execution
Information Management with BIM improves available data and handover
- Implement the digital plan without risking clashes between equipment and buildings
- Lower the risk of project delays
- Retain information during handover between project stages
Up to 100% system availability
Turning data into value with Railigent©
The Railigent Application Suite enables the remote monitoring of systems, performing fast diagnoses and predicting failures before they can occur.
- Improvement of up to 100% availability
- Decrease in unplanned downtimes by 30-50%
- Lowering of unnecessary transfers to maintenance by over 30%
- Reduced maintenance and energy costs by 10-15%
Enhanced asset performance
Best-in-class performance of rail assets
Applying our profound experience in depot planning, supply chain management and maintenance operations from our more than 90 service projects worldwide, and combining this knowledge with advanced, AI-based decision support systems using extensive Rail IoT and system data, Siemens Mobility experts accompany you in the creation, implementation and optimization of your asset management plans. We can help you enhance your asset performance and simultaneously lower O&M costs and risks.
- End-customer-oriented optimization of operations with on-time performance and maximization of throughput
- Efficiency-driven optimization of maintenance with performance guarantees for system availability and reliability
- Optimized supply chain model for spare parts tailored to customer requirements
- AI-based support for advanced asset renewal planning by asset owner
Enterprise data model
The digital key to your asset
Throughout the project all stakeholders contribute data to the production information model. This data is then transferred as a structured asset information model to the operation and maintenance entity.
- Standardized data package consistent with the as-built asset
- Basis for optimized asset management and lifecycle costs
- Input for modernization or extension of existing assets