Boost your fleet´s efficiency – with Train ITTake the lead over the competition – with powerful, future-proof IT systems for your trains. Control your vehicles from your wayside operations center with fully integrated IT solutions, and optimize your operations with a broad range of train data. With its robust structure and streamlined architecture, Train IT delivers optimal reliability, availability, and security. With every Train IT vehicle, you benefit from the experience that Siemens Mobility has built up through dozens of customer projects. Power up your business with Train IT – the most advanced IT platform for rail vehicles in the industry. Make the move to Digital Train Operations, and connect your Train IT powered vehicle to our powerful Railigent platform to benefit from Siemens Mobility’s Seamless IT Solutions.
Webinar: Power up your business with Digital Train Operations
Register for 11. Nov: In this webinar, our IT experts show you how Digital Train Operations support rail operators with future-proof, seamless IT solutions and services, so that you can concentrate on your core business: transportation.
Optimize your operations – with Train IT services and applicationsGet your trains ready for the digital world: The Train IT platform is powerful, secure and easy to manage.
Our reliable platform: a powerful base system with a robust architecture, optimized applications, and a thorough protection against cyber attacks.
- All applications controlled by a shared, high-performance base system
- Central hub for diagnostic data and IT services - based on standardized, modular state-of-the-art software components
- Self-healing functions that detect abnormal behavior and restart automatically in case of failure, or switch over to a backup system
- Rely on a proven, industry leading IT infrastructure, with updates available via service contract
- High availability and reliability thanks to redundancy and self-healing functions
- Access Train IT' s rich set of core functions and interfaces for fast and easy integration of third-party applications
- Optimize the passenger experience and energy usage with Remote Configuration
- Deploy new software remotely and minimize maintenance downtimes with Remote Software Updates
Connect. Upgrade. Expand. We have designed a flexible, robust, and secure network for 21st century trains – so that the capabilities of your vehicles can grow with your needs.
- Built-in redundancy for high availability
- Optimized network performance and increased security through separate virtual networks for each subsystem
- Monitoring of device status, availability and performance
- Lean system design with central network services
- High availability and reliability
- Save space, weight, and maintenance effort thanks to an optimized network design
- Increased security through separate virtual networks for each subsystem
- Service access protected by strong authentication mechanisms
Receive diagnostic data in real time. Stream live CCTV feeds. Adjust train settings during the journey. Maximize your possibilities – with Train2Ground, the robust and secure connection between trains and wayside operations center.
- Native Train IT & Railigent integration
- Demand-oriented prioritization of multiple data services: e.g. streaming, remote commands, telemetry data, file transfer
- Network agnostic: works with any modern IP-based wireless network, such as 4G, 5G or WiFi
- State-of-the-art security: data transmission protected by current VPN technology
- Based on IEC 61375-2-6 (for the communication between onboard and ground systems)
- Receive live data streams from your trains, and transfer remote commands to your fleet
- Always make the best use of available bandwidth
- Use the unified Train2Ground interface to connect your wayside systems with your fleet
- Benefit from a scalable and flexible system that supports both large and small fleets
- Recover from interruptions automatically thanks to automatic radio selection and fast, reliable reconnection mechanism
Supervise your fleet and support your train crews with CCTV. Use live video streams from your trains to make rapid, informed decisions. And if anything goes wrong, alert security staff in seconds and minimize disruptions to your operations.
- Video including pre- and post-alarm recordings, in strict compliance with your country´s data protection laws.
- Up to 4 simultaneous live video streams to the wayside operations center per train, transmitted in high definition
- Operation via remote control or touch display
- Embedded video metadata enables fast searching and efficient analysis
- Activate and deactivate recording depending on train mode
- Monitor from the wayside what is currently happening on your trains, and watch live videos from specific coaches and cameras
- See what happened right before and just after an alarm was triggered – e.g. activation of the emergency brake
- Protect parked trains with peripheral monitoring and intrusion detection
- Stay in compliance with data protection laws, as your CCTV system automatically adapts to the train´s operating mode – for example, by turning off the recording when the trains are being cleaned
Accurate information about your passenger numbers: The Siemens Mobility passenger counting solution delivers up-to-date, reliable data in standard formats for flexible processing. Fulfil your contractual obligations effortlessly, and use data to better meet the needs of your passengers.
- Up to 99% accuracy
- Transfer of rich, fine-grained counting data from stations and individual doors after each stop, or at configurable intervals
- Video records of counting area to perform counting checks
- Various data formats available, tamper proof thanks to cryptographic signatures
- Get highly accurate, reliable counting data, prepared for passenger mileage calculations
- Rich data set includes information on journeys, mileage, stations and individual doors
- Gain deeper insights on passenger numbers and types: adults, children, bicycle, wheelchairs and prams
Siemens Mobility is a world leader in industrial cyber security for rail. We are at your side to protect you against cyber attacks throughout your fleet´s entire lifecycle.
- Comprehensive security architecture to protect your trains during operation, using defense in depth according to IEC 62443.
- Hardened system configuration, software integrity protection and system audit functions
- Secure network architecture: Train IT´s Security Gateway separates the Train Operator Network from the safety-critical Train Control Network.
- Protected communication between systems using strong authentication mechanisms and encrypted data transfer to and from the wayside
- Live security monitoring capabilities, thanks to integrated intrusion detection and protection combined with comprehensive security logging
- Secure maintenance access to all control and non-control devices using unique user authentication, role-based authorization and audit logging
- Fully integrate your trains into your IT security concept: manage train crews, maintenance staff access, analyze logging data, or connect your fleet to your security operations center. Siemens Mobility´s cybersecurity experts are available to advise and support you
- Use a simplified procedure for many software updates thanks to the strict separation between operator and train control systems
- Siemens Mobility´s reliable maintenance and Software Vulnerability Management service help you to keep your fleet´s seamless IT systems secure throughout their lifecycle
Cyber Security for rail
The faster digitization progresses, the more opportunities open up. But the many benefits of IT systems also come with an increased risk of cyber attacks. Protecting sensitive data and business processes against illicit access and attacks is more crucial than ever. That's why Siemens Mobility is committed to securing complex transport systems. We are with you all the way.
Whether it involves guaranteed availability, maximized throughput, or the implementation of new business models, Digital Services from Siemens Mobility Services provides you with the key. From sensor technology to intelligent algorithms and precise analytics, we offer a complete foundation for optimized operation – further supported by the decades of practical experience of our experts in rail service
Learn about Digital Train Operations
Digital Train Operations from Siemens Mobility use secure and seamless IT solutions to create more value for passengers, operators and maintainers.