Intelligent Bike Solutions
Intelligent traffic technology makes cycling in cities even more attractive and comfortable.
Especially in cities, cycling is becoming more and more popular - and that's good: cycling is not only a fast, but also a climate-friendly mode of transport. Drive the trend towards cycling with the right infrastructure.
The green wave for cyclists: Sitraffic SiBike
With Sitraffic SiBike you give a green light to a modern and clean city: Via a smartphone app cyclists are prioritized at traffic lights. The app shows users where they will be given green lights on their planned route. They also receive information on bike-sharing and bike parking options. SiBike can be installed on all smartphone operating systems. This is what the solution is all about:
- A cyclist approaches an intersection. There he passes the trigger line.
- The app on his smartphone automatically sends the cyclist's location and direction via GPS to the traffic management center.
- The traffic management center evaluates the data and activates the traffic light control to switch to green.
- The cyclist can pass the intersection safely without having to stop.
This is how you reliably detect cyclists and other road users
Solutions from Siemens Mobility reliably detect cyclists. As a result, traffic planners can improve the flow of traffic for cyclists as well.
- Prioritization of cyclists via Sitraffic Heimdall via plug and play installation on bike lanes
- TrafiOne creates a virtual recognition zone for cyclists and monitors traffic via video streaming
- ThermiCam sensors recognize cyclists by body heat - for example to distinguish between cars and bikes
- The MLR radar measures the exact speed of cyclists
- The inductive-loop sensor SLD4 Siemens Bike counter determines the number, speed and direction of cyclists
Routing that's fun: Cycling4Trees promotes cycling in the city in a playful way
The App Cycling4Trees combines routing for cyclists with playful elements, in which participants and teams race against each other. The app collects anonymous data about frequently used bike paths and source-destination relationships. This provides valuable information for traffic planning and helps to further improve cycling. This is how Cycling4Trees works:
- Users register with user names and select a team.
- If the app is active, the user collects points for kilometers cycled, which can be converted into virtual trees.
- The high score can be accessed at any time via the app and website.
- The winners receive real prizes - for example, city trees that absorb CO2 and improve the city’s air quality.
Operide: Bike Sharing System
Bike sharing is the trend - but how can demand and supply be matched better and how can the bikes be protected from damage and loss? Traffic planners can now use our fleet management software Operide for this purpose. Operide’s AI algorithm uses historical trip and weather data to predict the demand for e-bikes or e-scooters at each station. The predictions then feed into a recommendations algorithm which looks at the current traffic situation to allow service providers to distribute bikes and scooters according to demand and improve maintenance efficiency.