Priority when it counts: prioritization of specific road users such as emergency vehicles and sustainable modes of transport
Imagine that local public transport is on time in addition to fire brigade and ambulance services arriving safely and quickly to the location of the emergency - with intelligent prioritization, this is possible in your city.
This is how the Green Wave for specific road users works
With our solutions you can reliably detect and prioritize traffic participants at intersections - it's easy: Sitraffic Stream can be implemented quickly and cost-effectively in almost any city or municipality without any changes to technical equipment or infrastructure. Sitraffic Stream intervenes in traffic for only a few seconds, so the impact on other road users is minimal. This is how traffic prioritization works:
- Two log-in points and one log-out point are defined by the software before the intersections
- The Siemens On- Board Unit (OBU) detects the passing of the first login point and sends the signal to the traffic management center.
- The traffic management center gives the command to switch the signal to green.
- Before the vehicle passes the second registration point, the traffic light is switched to green
- The vehicle passes the logoff point and the OBU logs off at the traffic management center.
- The system returns to normal operation
Prioritization for cyclists
Would you like to make cycling in your city more attractive? Then why not use our traffic prioritization solutions to create a "green wave" for cyclists.