Sitraffic Wimag and SLD4
In-ground sensors for your traffic management
The availability of high-accuracy data is essential for effective and safe traffic management. To collect those data, you need reliable traffic detectors. In Wimag and SLD4, Siemens is offering a completely new detector technology – in-ground sensors that work extremely precisely and are easy to install.
Wimag and SLD4Highly accurate information on the traffic load in your city or municipality. For this purpose, Siemens can provide you with made-to-measure in-ground sensors: Sitraffic Wimag and SLD4. Your benefits: The data will support you in better planning your infrastructure, reducing congestion and significantly improving the flow of traffic.
With conventional in-ground detectors, entire loops have to be embedded in the pavement, making their deployment quite expensive. Sitraffic Wimag, in contrast, is an innovative wireless detection technology that scores with fast and easy installation. The Sitraffic Wimag family comprises three dedicated detector types, which can be integrated into a single system because they share the same transmission technology, including repeaters, base station and software.
- Sitraffic Wimag VD and MR detectors for moving traffic
- Sitraffic Wimag PD detector for parking spaces
Sitraffic Wimag – an innovative technology with many advantages
- Wireless technology makes for fast and easy installation of the Wimag sensor in the pavement.
- The electronics module consists of magnetic sensors, processor, radio antenna and battery.
- With dimensions of only 7.5 x 7.5 x 5.0 cm, the base station is very compact.
- Each detection event is transmitted to the base station via radio link.
- The base station forwards the data per Ethernet to the traffic controller.
- Easy, reliable and cost-effective traffic and parking space monitoring
- High-precision information about current traffic loads
- Sensor and base station designed for a temperature range of -45 to +80°C
- Long service life, whether installed in new or existing pavements
For more than 30 years now, induction loop detectors from Siemens have been dependably providing accurate traffic data. Sitraffic SLD4 combines this extensive experience with cutting-edge technology and a whole new range of applications.
- Reliable detection helps optimize traffic management
- Not susceptible to interference from ambient conditions
- Automatic sensitivity adjustment
- High flexibility in regard to the loop frequencies used (real multiplexing)
- Easy installation
- USB interface
- Convenient parameterization via user-optimized PC software