Surge protection and power products
For all your signaling needs
Siemens solutions in this area range from surge protection devices, air gap arresters and equalizers – designed to protect your equipment from damaging surges – as well as power products which provide power conditioning for track circuits, signal lighting, and battery charging applications.
SXRR Series – Railroad Signaling System Protector
The SXRR series arresters provide advanced high-speed and high-current silicon surge protection for railroad circuits. Designed for standard AAR terminals: the SXRR is ﬁeld tested and proven to increase the performance of railroad signaling systems, decrease maintenance costs, and improve proﬁtability.
- Very low voltage protection levels
- Meets AREMA guidelines for primary surge protection
- Compact AAR terminal installation
- Fusing for safe-fail in case of self-sacriﬁce
- Status indication
- Bi-directional device
Clearview Air Gap Equalizers
Standard air gap equalizers
The Clearview Air Gap Equalizer is a closed circuit shunt type protector for use on up to 24 VDC circuits with a minimum resistance of 1,000 Ω. Clearly marked with EQUALIZER stamped on the mounting leg for identiﬁcation and protected with a red Lexan cap: it easily mounts to racks, panels and/or bars due to standard 2 3/8” mounting centers. Sealed equalizer designs are also available for when the equipment has the potential to be exposed to moisture.
Please refer to our catalog for technical details as well as all available dimensions and options for the different models.
Benefit from Siemens' long-standing experience in the field of transformersSiemens Transformers are used with track circuits as well as general purpose step-up, step-down transformers for many applications. Terminals are the standard AREMA post type, rather than the commercial spade type.
The Battery Charger (SJ) Series offers long-term, reliable charge maintenance of lead acid and nickel cadmium (NiCad) batteries. They are ideally suited where remote installation, extreme temperatures, and minimal maintainer involvement is expected.
SJ Series – Features
- 2 battery selection modes: lead acid or nickel cadmium (NiCad)
- 2 operation modes: Constant Current or Constant Voltage
- Float voltage can be adjusted with the battery connected (when in Constant Voltage mode)
- Push button to display voltage on demand
- LED indicators and digital display
- Supplied with transient suppression devices across the input and output terminals