Bus Lane Enforcement
Proven digital solutions for the effective enforcement of bus lane contraventions
Our Digital Bus Lane Enforcement Solutions are VCA Approved and deployed effectively by Local Authorities across the UK, ensuring bus lanes are kept clear for use by buses and permitted vehicles only. .
Bus Lane Enforcement solutions keep your transport network moving. Buses that run on time help promote public transport travel choices and reduce car usage.
Automatic contravention detection
The proven Siemens Mobility unattended Digital Bus Lane Enforcement solution uses our LaneWatch Mk3HD camera, a sophisticated traffic monitoring device, designed for automatic on-street operation in all weathers, 24/7. Its evidence processor manages the ANPR, video analytics, evidence processing, vehicle identification, Permitted Vehicle Lists and operating schedules.
Fault monitoring software automatically detects faults and remotely alerts the Siemens service operations centre for remote diagnostics and repair when necessary.
Key camera features
- Automatic contravention detection
- Twin High Definition (HD) camera modules, for contextual overview images and close-up identification images
- Zoom lenses for easier remote configuration and optimum performance
- High definition video recording
- Integrated Evidence Processor
- Automatic fault monitoring
- 24/7 operation / scheduled operating times
- Full connectivity including fixed and wireless LAN and 4G operation
Enterprise based solutions
Our Digital Enforcement Solutions are usually provided by Siemens Mobility as a fully-hosted service - offering secure, accessible and scalable solutions with the knowledge that Siemens Mobility experts are maintaining and optimising the solution at all times. Our hosted solutions are both low risk and affordable and furthermore facilitate secure remote working - a proven benefit during the COVID-19 pandemic allowing Local Authority staff to continue the effective management of their road assets whilst adhering to Government advice to stay home.
- Hosted solutions provide full-service packages, peace of mind and affordable solutions
- Established low risk solution, with low operating costs
- Easy to deploy, redeploy and expand
- High quality video-based evidence
- High operational availability
- Local or fully hosted solutions
- High availability
- Managed, dynamic and secure data storage
- Supports existing analogue traffic surveillance cameras (for attended operation) and digital IP cameras (for unattended operation)
- Links to all Notice Processing Systems, including Chipside, Civica, Conduent, Imperial & Taranto
- Gateway Interfaces to a third party enforcement and video recording devices (typically Mobile Enforcement Vehicles)
CASE STUDY: The first ever mobile bus lane enforcement solution in New York launched by Siemens Mobility
Keeping bus lanes clear is a vital requirement. The Automatic Bus Lane Enforcement (ABLE) solution from Siemens Mobility captures real-time bus lane violations and collects multiple pieces of evidence to ensure that vehicles making permitted turns from bus lanes are not ticketed. Providing a more efficient bus service is key to encourage current and prospective riders and potentially reduce their carbon footprint.
The proven suite of modules that make up Siemens Mobility Digital Enforcement Solutions provide traffic authorities with affordable and effective tools to create safer, more efficient towns and cities.
Installation and Project Management
Siemens Mobility is able to manage your entire enforcement project which makes for a quick and efficient installation, meeting all of your requirements, those of the end-user and also all associated CDM regulations.
Our Project Managers are trained and qualified in undertaking deployments ranging from single units to deployments of over 100 cameras in a single phase. We also provide other project services such as:
- System design / Consultancy
- Site surveying and suitability studies
- Preparation of detailed Project Plans
- Preparation and issue of all RAMs
- Adherance to CDM requirements
- Full installation and commissioning with User Acceptance Testing
- Completion and handover to the Field Support Team
Maintenance and Support
When it comes to maintenance and support, Siemens Mobility has unrivalled experience in maintaining on-street technology such as Enforcement Cameras and Traffic Control Systems
- Onsite maintenance is carried out by the Field Service Team based regionally across the UK and remote support is provided by the Civil Enforcement Technical Team.
- Siemens 24/7 Service Operations Centre can monitor and provide out-of-hours activities, including allocation of calls to standby Engineers.
- Mobile data systems allows the service operatives to receive and clear fault details directly into the Siemens InView Fault and Asset Management System.
Secure and affordable solutions
The Siemens Bus Lane Enforcement Solution forms part of a suite of compatible hardware and software modules that provide an enforcement tool kit to tackle road safety, traffic congestion, environmental and emissions targets and traffic regulation compliance.