Gate crossings for the next generation
Proven crossing technology
From brand new crossings to upgraded installations, our Siemens Mobility portfolio of road equipment for level crossing systems worldwide features components designed to be fully compatible and future-proof.
Efficiency meets safetyImplemented and proven by railway operators worldwide, our crossing protection systems are characterized by a high level of safety, reliability and cost-effectiveness. Together, we can help identify obsolete warning devices ready for replacement and support in your equipment upgrade. From purchase to installation, you can rely on our expertise to make rail crossings safer.
Gate mechanisms: Drives as strong as their reputation
Built from strong cast aluminum housings, maintenance-free bearings, a reliable gear train and rotary circuit controller, our gate crossing mechanisms have a proven reputation. These future-oriented, inline gear motors and electric brake combinations replace older motors and devices with modern crossing technology.
S-80 Smart™ Gate Mechanism
The newest smart gate from Siemens Mobility provides digital functionality and networking communications capability, making it ideal for future PTC-controlled crossing systems. The S-80 is fully programmable and eliminates the need to physically maintain mechanical cams and contacts. It has six digital contacts, two of which are vital for gate down indication and control of the flashing lights. The S-80 utilizes a brushless DC motor with advanced motor control that provides soft start/soft stop operation, reducing the need for periodic maintenance and dramatically improving the life expectancy of the entire gate assembly.
The S-80 can be equipped with an optional digitalization package that offers wireless communication and Wi-Fi capability. This enables wireless gate control, local maintainer Wi-Fi connectivity and full networking capability without the need to run additional underground cabling.
· Ideal for future PTC systems
· Eliminates need for physical maintenance
· Utilizes a brushless DC motor
· Improved life expectancy
· Wireless communications and Wi-Fi capabilities
· Wireless gate control capability
· No need for additional underground cabling
The Siemens Mobility S-60 series grade crossing gate mechanisms are ideal for operating grade crossing entrance and exit barrier arms up to 40' (12 m) in length.
The patented bi-directional lock bar is used to securely lock the gate arm in any position to allow field personnel to perform maintenance functions.
Diagnostic LEDs on the PC board monitor the condition of the mechanism, making it possible to diagnose it without the use of a meter. An integrated maintenance switch helps enable a low mean time to restore (MTTR) by providing a simple method to move the gate mechanism to the horizontal position. This is required to replace the gate arm after a knockdown.
- Low-maintenance, weatherproof design
- 90% spare part compatibility between entrance and exit gate mechanisms reduces cost of ownership
- Integrated PC board with over-speed control
- Adjustable circuit to set descend times
- Electronic auto-reset overload for motor protection
- Standard gate mechanism is equipped with four cam and contact arrangements
- Maintenance operation to power down counterweights when the gate arm is broken
- Single and two-wire gate control capability
- Horizontal and vertical buffers which are adjustable from outside of mechanism
- Lifting eyebolt for ease of installation