Network control for rail electrification
Everything under control
You can rely on Siemens Mobility network control for rail electrification. It enables your railway personnel to quickly restore substation functionality in the event of malfunctions. Be confident in your actions and flexible in your reactions in any situation – with our highly available, proven, and advanced operational IT that features automation, field equipment, hot standby, and intelligent multi-monitoring solutions. The integrated RailSCADA systems also offer tremendous potential for optimizing costs.
Highly available, efficient, flexibleWork with a strong partner: For over 40 years, Siemens has been developing control system solutions for traction power supply and railway infrastructure. Numerous transit authorities worldwide deploy our rail systems in mass transit and main-line traffic.
Sitras RSC network control system for rail electrification
The Sitras RSC (RailSCADA) network control system is used in the traction power supply and railway infrastructure for control, monitoring, archiving, and evaluation purposes. The optional intelligent energy management functions make it possible to optimize energy consumption and improve energy efficiency. This means that operating personnel are provided with a fast and reliable overview of the system’s operating states.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Cost-effective operation, thanks to insights to energy management, active fault management and asset monitoring
- SIL 2 certification of the Sitras RSC software development process according to
EN 50128: 2011
- Simple project engineering, thanks to an object-oriented engineering studio. Minimizing training efforts
- High level of availability, thanks to distributed hot-standby systems equipped
with state-of-the-art PCs and automation devices from the Simatic S7 series
- Scalable system, from simple station operation to redundant distributed
- Multi-monitoring, client-server configuration
- Secure remote access
- Flexible, customer-specific interfaces, functionalities, and system configuration
Sitras SCS station control system for traction power supply
The Sitras SCS station control system performs all the control, protection, and communication tasks in DC traction power supply. It provides operating personnel with a fast and reliable overview of the system’s operating states. In addition to issuing detailed alarm messages in the standard configuration, Sitras SCS can also be optionally upgraded to include features such as status message output, dynamic substation overviews, and substation-wide control via an operator panel.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Automation devices from the Simatic product family used the world over
- Standardized communication interfaces
- Detailed fault messages that make it easier to restore substation functions within the shortest possible time in the event of a fault
- Easy adaptation to system requirements, thanks to a modular design, decentralized structure, and scalable computing power
- Open for the integration of customer-specific functions
- Optional modules like “Frame Fault Protection”, “Transfer Tripping Units”, … optimize the overall application of the station controller
Sitras iEMS intelligent energy management system
The Sitras iEMS „intelligent energy management system“ is our solution for bringing transparency into the energy consumption and demand.
By means of Sitras iEMS, customers are supported in optimizing the energy supply and improving overall energy efficiency for traction power and rail infrastructure supplies.
- Completely transparent energy flow and consumption
- Energy-sensitive operation
- Prevention of load peaks
- Forecast and optimization
- Realization of internal efficiency targets and requirements for sustainable installations and designs
- Implementation of governmental regulations: for example, to reduce carbon
Sitras SMS stray current monitoring system for DC traction power supply
The Sitras SMS stray current monitoring system monitors the track potential of DC railway networks. It evaluates the track’s stray current conditions and provides early detection of insulation deficiencies – enabling measures to prevent damage due to stray current corrosion.
- Continuous monitoring of track potential during operation
- Automatic location of insulation deficiencies
- Display, archiving, and analysis of track potential in a central evaluation unit
- Transmission of measured values via a communication network; existing networks can be used
- No interference with stray current conditions because Sitras SMS is based on