The telegrams are transmitted intermittently by means of Trainguard Eurobalises and, if required, semicontinuously by the Trainguard Euroloop. The indicated signal aspect is extracted by the LEU S21 and the associated telegram is selected and continuously transmitted as a serial data stream via a standardized interface to the transparent balise(s) or Euroloop modem. If a train fitted with ETCS equipment traverses the transparent balise(s) or Euroloop, the telegram is transmitted to the train and evaluated by the European Vital Computer (EVC, onboard computer).
Thanks to an identical telegram structure, the LEU S21 can control both Eurobalises and Euroloops; additional data configuration is thus not necessary. A conventional balise/loop antenna is sufficient on the train.
- Compliance with all relevant European standards
- Modular design
- Accommodation in concrete equipment houses, switchgear cabinets or relay rooms
- High-reliability data transmission
- No maintenance required
- High level of availability
- Low purchase and life-cycle costs
- Low power consumption