Crossings – Train detection
Making level crossings safe and reliable
Level crossing protection systems from Siemens have proven themselves worldwide and are characterized by their modularity, high level of safety, reliability, and cost-effectiveness.
Reliable train detection for enhanced safetyTo serve their purpose of advising motorists and pedestrians of the approach or presence of trains, active traffic control devices are activated by some form of train detection. Automated train detection uses the railroad circuit. The system is also designed to be fail-safe. Any shunt of the circuit – whether by railroad equipment, vandalism, or an “open circuit” such as a broken rail or track connection – causes the crossing signals to be activated.
Smart track vacancy detection for cost-effective operationsSiemens track vacancy detection systems supply information about whether a track in a particular section is clear or occupied – thereby permitting safe, trouble-free and efficient operations management.
Clearguard WSR CENELEC-compliant train detection
The Clearguard WSR (Wheel Sensor Relay) is an electronic switch which respond contactlessly to wheel ﬂanges.
- No interference from magnetic brakes and Knorr-type eddy-current brakes
- Maintenance-free; readjustment is dependent on the degree of wear of the rail
- Rail web or rail base clamp attachment
- Rail web mounting possible over a sleeper
- Semi-automatic adjustment to the mounting location
- Max. traversal speed of 450 kph
Clearguard WSD - New detector generation for Wayguard Simis LC
The WSD (Wheel Sensor Double) wheel detector is an electronic switch which responds contactlessly to wheel flanges. It is integrated into the Wayguard Simis LC level-crossing system as a strike-in and strike-out criterion. The WSD wheel detector replaces the Frauscher RSR 122 detector used so far.
- Intelligent automatic adjustment
- Additional trackside evaluation unit not required
- Mounting-compatible with other wheel detector attachments (same drilling dimensions)
- Rail web or rail base clamp mounting
- Rail base mounting over a sleeper possible
- TSI-conformant in line with the CR TSI CCS and HS TSI CCS standards
- Low level of installation work in connection with trackwork
- Automatic idle-current compensation
- High-value temperature compensation
- Compact design for trackside installation