ST vital relays, electrical hardware, signal enclosures, accessories
ST vital relays in service today governing the safe movement of trains and protecting highway grade crossings.
ST Series vital relays are compact plug-in circuit switching elements housed within a clear polycarbonate case for use in modern railway systems. These relays incorporate the required control characteristics as well as operating security for this application. ST-1 and ST-2 relays ﬁt into size 1 and 2 sockets already in use commonly throughout the industry. Selected models are interchangeable with other manufacturers’ existing types of relays as well.
Each relay carries a relay registration plate unique to that speciﬁc type. Sockets have uniform indexing pins to ensure insertion of the proper relay for each circuit function. All contact and coil connections are brought out through the base of the relay as spring prongs. The socket has wedge-shaped plug insulators with ﬂat metal terminals on both the upper and lower surfaces.
Relays are guided into the socket by two rods so that each pair of prongs engage their respective socket terminals, making a ﬁrm, low resistance contact. The socket terminals are available in either the solder or crimp types. Terminals are easily removed from the back of the socket for making wiring changes without unplugging the relay.
Features: Vital relays in ST-1 and ST-2 frame sizes
- Available in both ST-1 and ST-2 frame sizes
- Mounts easily in existing socket bases
- All ferrous metal parts are nickel plated
- Meets or exceeds all applicable AREMA speciﬁcations
- Contact support springs are phosphorous bronze, molded in phenolic blocks. Relays are provided with space for three such blocks.
- Regular, heavy-duty, extra heavy-duty; tungsten and magnetic arc suppressed contacts are available
- Heavy armature provides for positive drop-away
- Highly efﬁcient magnetic structure makes routine calibration quick and easy
Please refer to the individual relay specifications for technical details on contact material and current carrying capacity.
Fulfil all your requirements with customer-speciﬁc designsInstrument houses are available in several sizes and conﬁgurations. Available in welded aluminum or steel shell construction with doors that can be completely removed or locked at 90° open position with hooks and locking rods included. Doors can be designed in a variety of arrangements.
- Meets or exceeds applicable AREMA speciﬁcations
- Available in multiple standard sizes from 4’ (1.22 m) x 4’ (1.22 m) to 8’ (2.44 m) x 8’ (2.44 m) (other sizes may be available upon client request)
- Adjustable legs for leveling of foundations
- Interior aerial outlet standard
- Interior ground terminal plate standard
- Interior light standard
- Exterior generator outlet standard
- Medium-density ﬁberboard interior ﬁnished panels painted with ﬁre retardant paint
- Ventilation louvers equipped with covers to reduce possible pests
- Steel shell variants painted with primer and ﬁnished with aluminized paint