Point operating systems
point machines supplied annually
Stay on track
With increasing train speeds, instability in the ballast results in higher levels of wear and tear. Deterioration of the track geometry also reduces the level of traveling comfort and can even impair safety. Innovative point operating systems from Siemens provide your passengers with a better ride, your trains with more stability, and your points with a longer service life. These well-proven, high quality products offer more economical operations by way of lower lifecycle costs, longer maintenance intervals, and overall increased train throughput.
ELS 710 – Universally applicable
The Siemens Switchguard ELS 710 can be used to operate points of every type and gauge, making it suitable for external lockings and derailers. In addition to a compact, modular and robust design, its short overall length is a major advantage in conﬁned conditions, for example in tunnels. The latest materials and permanently lubricated components ensure long inspection and maintenance intervals and thus, low lifecycle costs.
Robust internal lock mechanismOur systems for internal lockings are based on proven technology and use modular construction principles throughout the design. Suitable for use even under extreme environmental and weather conditions, the wide range of machines features a high level of availability due to the use of high-quality components and a minimum of corrective maintenance periods.
Surelock – Setting points reliably
Modular with an easy set-up due to adjustments retained in the base assembly, the Switchguard Surelock is an efﬁcient points drive system providing exceptional reliability and ease of maintenance. It is suitable for use on both metro and mainline infrastructures and can be incorporated into 4 ft or 6 ft applications.
CKA family – Safety lock
The Switchguard CKA pawl lock is an external locking and ensures a force-locking and form-locking connection between the point blade and the stock rail. Beneﬁts in installation: The pre-assembled component parts are installed on site without any adjustment work. No bores are required in the stock rails. The switch blades are usually already provided with bores by the switch supplier. Thanks to the use of aluminum bronze alloy, the pawl point lock requires only minimal maintenance.
A low maintenance and tampable solutionSwitchguard ITS 700, the innovative point operating system from Siemens, provides your passengers with greater traveling comfort, your trains with more stability, and your points with a longer service life. Besides the well-established CKA locking units, a new generation of locking devices has been developed in the last few years using the same proven concepts.
Switchguard ITS 700 – Major beneﬁts
- Adjustable locking unit – available for any rail proﬁle and a wide range of turnout types
- Optimized access to all major components including locking elements
- Reduced amount of spare parts in stock, as same locking units cover many different turnout types
- Use of low-maintenance locking and point machine components
- Low lifecycle costs in combination with high availability
- Enhancement of the track geometry quality as machine tamping is also possible in the area around the locking
- Shorter track closure and on-site installation times thanks to the option of pre-assembly at the turnout factory
- Interface compatibility of the control system with the existing point controller in the interlocking
One of the most critical railway infrastructure componentsWith Switchguard Smart Points Diagnostics, you can count on a doubling in availability and enhanced business performance thanks to reduced disruptions, downtime and maintenance as well as improved processes and operations, optimized resources, and optimized responses.
Switchguard Smart Points Diagnostics – How you stand to benefit
1. Performance monitoring creates transparency
Cloud-based performance monitoring enables advantages such as more transparency and understanding of processes, fast troubleshooting in case a fault occurs, visualization of process changes, as well as notification in case of failure or other incidents requiring attention. It also facilitates the early detection of out-of-nominal states before things get critical.
2. Smart sensors collect environmental data and create context
Smart sensors are built as IoT components that convert real-world equipment and environmental variables (such as a temperature, water leaks, and humidity) into a digital data stream. Armed with such contextualized information, you can:
- Improve and automate logistics and asset management
- Tap on predictive and prescriptive maintenance capabilities
- Extend motor lifetimes
- Automate manual processes and thus, drive efficiency
3. Predictive insights provide decision support
Through continuous monitoring, data evaluation and prediction, you can identify point machine disorders and failures at an early stage.
4. Prescriptive analytics provide concrete courses of action
Prescriptive analytics enable benefits such as quality improvements, service enhancements, cost reductions and productivity increases by providing recommended actions based on previous outcomes.
5. Smart devices simplify and support your operations
Smart devices such as Remote Assist tap on the power of collaboration in mixed reality to enable better, faster troubleshooting.