Yunex Traffic rapid chargers at heart of new EV hub in Portishead, Somerset
The first K:Port® EV Charging and mobility hub has been delivered in Portishead, Somerset providing rapid charging for electric vehicle drivers. The hub provides much needed accessible, efficient and reliable rapid charging facilities.
In partnership with North Somerset County Council, Yunex Traffic has installed and commissioned two rapid charging units for a new electric vehicle (EV) charging hub.
With two 50kW rapid DC charging units serving four parking bays the hub forms part of 'Revive', the dedicated charging network, for which Yunex Traffic has installed more than 70 EV chargers for charge points across the South West region.
The rapid chargers are fast and accessible, typically enabling EV drivers to charge their vehicles in just 30-60 minutes.
The new rapid charging hub near Portishead Marina, along with the growing Revive network, is a positive move towards our vision of a greener transport system which is kinder to the environment. The project also serves as a demonstration hub, showing us the 'art of the possible'. We hope it will get the young minds of today questioning where their energy is coming from.Cllr Bridget Petty, North Somerset Council's Executive Member for Climate Emergency and Engagement
Eight rapid chargers commissioned for new Woolwich EV hub
With faster charge times (typically 20-30 minutes), reliable availability and minimum wait times, rapid chargers are well suited for 'on-the-go' charging and these hubs will address the issue of charging time, one of the key barriers to EV ownership.
Helping to encourage Woolwich Ferry users to switch to EVs, the hub has been built on brownfield land next to Woolwich Ferry and will use solar panels for zero-energy street lighting.
Working with ESB and Transport for London, we have installed and commissioned eight rapid charging units for the new Woolwich K:Port EV charging hub. This is the first in a series of purpose-built, standalone hubs to be opened in London, which will provide safe and sustainable EV charging for drivers.
Eight of our QC45 50kW rapid DC charging units have been installed, all of which feature contactless payment terminals which can accept both credit and debit card and mobile phone payments. Providing EV drivers with convenient charging facilities, the hubs have a similar look to existing fuel stations, but with a fresher, more modern and sustainable feel.
Our complete turnkey solution
From consultancy through installation and after sales service, we have the broad capabilities to provide full turnkey solutions for your network.
- Nationwide team of 30 specialist designers
- Range of experience and knowledge in various elements of traffic engineering, design and consultancy
- Ability to deliver projects ranging in scale and complexity from single day support activities to developments across major urban centres
- Experience in working with DNO's directly
- Experienced team of highly trained and certified project managers
- Suitable for a wide range of projects including larger or more complex installations
- Ability to supply a range of AC, DC and HV EV hardware solutions to meet specific site and customer requirements
- Power output of product portfolio ranges from 3.7kW to 320kW
- Contactless payment available on all DC charging solution
- All hardware OCPP approved
- In order to ensure the reliability of the technology, all hardware product lines go through extensive testing before being added to the portfolio
- Chargers can be combined with our sensor technology, providing real-time information on bay occupancy
- Where grid capacity doesn't allow, additional power supply options are available including battery storage and hydrogen fuel cell technology
- CPO agnostic, providing flexibility to work with numerous Charge Point Operators
- Ability to offer CPO service through some of the major CPOs in the market
- Full range of civil engineering options available from DNO connection to line marking and signage supply
- Transportation arranged direct to site or to one of our many depots prior to installation
- UK wide installation provision for all size and complexity of projects
- Dedicated team of EV commissioning engineers
- Full site acceptance testing report completed for each charger installed and commissioned
- In-house training school providing dedicated product and market training
- Bespoke training courses available, delivered either in person or online
- Training can be delivered by our dedicated lecturers through our technical support engnieers depending upon specific requirements
- Comprehensive all-inclusive warranty, covering parts and labour
- 3&5 year extended warranty packages available
- Bespoke warranty offerings available on request to suit customer and site specific requirements
- Up to a 4-hour on site response to faults around the clock, ensuring high level of charger uptime
- Annual periodic inspections and maintenance works available to ensure good working order of the charge points
- Team of over 250 engineers across the UK to sopport both regional and national customers
- In-house 24/7 customer care operations centre, with dedicated team of call handlers
- Remote monitoring service, ensuring any issues are identified by our team and resolved either remotely or via dispatch of an engineer to site
- Online customer portal for raising and tracking faults, viewing service reports and the overall status of your EV charging portfolio
- Next day part availability