Moving Traffic Offences
Local Councils in England are set to be given powers to fine motorists who commit minor traffic offences, under new legislation being drawn up by the Department for Transport
The change to the Traffic Management Act 2004 is set to bring England in line with London, where local Boroughs already use video analytics and automatic number plate recognition cameras to identify and fine drivers who commit moving traffic contraventions. These include offences such as driving in cycle lanes, failing to adhere to one-way systems and no-entry signs, banned left and right turns, U-turns, no-vehicle entry points and entering yellow box junctions.
Why enforce moving traffic contraventions?
Local enforcement schemes improve road user safety and reduce queuing at specific intersections, but also contribute to improving the traffic flow in surrounding areas, reducing wider congestion, and improving air quality.
Local authorities with civil parking enforcement powers will soon be able to apply for a designation order for moving traffic enforcement - and issue penalty notices for contraventions.
Siemens Mobility Digital Enforcement Solutions - already providing effective enforcement with over 1000 enforcement cameras currently operating in over 20 London Boroughs.
Why Siemens Mobility?
Why Siemens Mobility?
Digital Enforcement Solutions from Siemens Mobility already provide the effective enforcement of moving traffic contraventions, with over 1000 enforcement cameras currently operating in over 20 London Boroughs. Our leading digital enforcement solutions are easy to install, and are hosted allowing secure, remote unattended operation and affordable, scalable deployments. Coupled with unrivalled service and 24/7 operations and support, Siemens Mobility provides a comprehensive and low risk solution.
Effective digital enforcement
Our Digital Enforcement solutions ensure traffic regulations are effectively enforced and contraventions accurately captured.
The system identifies potential moving traffic contraventions in real-time, with video evidence recorded to give a contextual overview, with ANPR and still images capturing each vehicle's registration plate. Overview video allows system operators to establish if there are any extenuating circumstances for the contravention.
Advanced video analytics
An advanced Video Analytics Module, specifically developed for use in the traffic enforcement industry, is used to detect the specific contraventions. On installation, the software is tuned to the capture scene and the traffic movement of interest. Sophisticated movement filters can be applied to ignore vehicles that are not in contravention. This learning mode helps to reduce false positives and increase camera efficiency.
Advanced camera technology
The Siemens Mobility LaneWatch MK3HD camera is a sophisticated traffic monitoring device, designed for automatic on-street operation in all weathers, 24/7. Its evidence processor manages the ANPR, video analytics, evidence processing, vehicle identification, authorised user lists and operating schedules. Fault monitoring software automatically detects faults and remotely alerts the Siemens service operations centre for remote diagnostics and repair when necessary.
Key camera features
- Automatic contravention detection
- Twin High Definition (HD) camera modules, for contextual overview images and close-up identification images
- Exemption lists
- High definition video recording
- Integrated Evidence Processor
- Automatic fault monitoring
- 24/7 operation / scheduled operating times
- Full connectivity including fixed and wireless LAN and 4G operation
- VCA and CE approved
Enterprise based solutionsOur Digital Enforcement Solutions are usually provided by Siemens Mobility as a fully-hosted service - offering secure, accessible and scalable solutions with the knowledge that Siemens Mobility experts are maintaining and optimising the solution at all times. Our hosted solutions are both low risk and affordable and furthermore facilitate secure remote working - a proven benefit during the COVID-19 pandemic allowing Local Authority staff to continue the effective management of their road assets whilst adhering to Government advice to stay home.
- Hosted solutions provide full-service packages, peace of mind and affordable solutions
- Established low risk solution, with low operating costs
- Easy to deploy, redeploy and expand
- High quality video-based evidence
- High accuracy ANPR capture
- High operational availability
- Local or fully hosted solutions
- High availability
- Managed, dynamic and secure data storage
- Links to all main Notice Processing Systems, including Chipside, Civica, Conduent, Imperial & Taranto
- Gateway Interfaces to third party enforcement and video recording devices (typically Mobile Enforcement Vehicles)
The proven suite of modules that make up Siemens Mobility Digital Enforcement Solutions provide traffic authorities with affordable and effective tools to create safer, more efficient towns and cities.
Installation and Project Management
Siemens Mobility is able to manage your entire enforcement project which makes for a quick and efficient installation, meeting all of your requirements, those of the end-user and also all associated CDM regulations.
Our Project Managers are trained and qualified in undertaking deployments ranging from single units to deployments of over 100 cameras in a single phase. We also provide other project services such as:
- System design / Consultancy
- Site surveying and suitability studies
- Preparation of detailed Project Plans
- Preparation and issue of all RAMs
- Adherance to CDM requirements
- Full installation and commissioning with User Acceptance Testing
- Completion and handover to the Field Support Team
Maintenance and Support
When it comes to maintenance and support, Siemens Mobility has unrivalled experience in maintaining on-street technology such as Enforcement Cameras and Traffic Control Systems
- Onsite maintenance is carried out by the Field Service Team based regionally across the UK and remote support is provided by the Civil Enforcement Technical Team.
- Siemens 24/7 Service Operations Centre can monitor and provide out-of-hours activities, including allocation of calls to standby Engineers.
- Mobile data systems allows the service operatives to receive and clear fault details directly into the Siemens InView Fault and Asset Management System.
The Siemens Moving Traffic Contraventions Digital Enforcement Solutions form part of a suite of compatible hardware and software modules that provide an enforcement tool kit to tackle road safety, traffic congestion, environmental and emissions targets and traffic regulation compliance.