Yellow Box Junction Enforcement
Proven digital solutions for the effective enforcement of Yellow Box Junctions.
Our Digital Enforcement Solutions provide the effective enforcement of Yellow Box contraventions at junctions both in the UK and overseas.
Why enforce Yellow Box Junctions?
Yellow box junctions keep intersections clear for through-traffic to avoid traffic jams. They are effective tools to keep traffic on our roads flowing and reduce delays and unneccessary air pollution, especially when enforced.
Whilst local enforcement schemes reduce queuing and congestion at specific intersections, they can also contribute to improving the traffic flow in surrounding areas, reducing wider congestion, and improving road safety and air quality.
Effective digital enforcement
Our Digital Enforcement solutions ensure Yellow Box traffic regulations are effectively enforced and contraventions accurately captured.
The system identifies potential Yellow Box contraventions in real-time, with video evidence recorded to give a contextual overview, with ANPR and still images capturing each vehicle's registration plate. The overview video allows the system operators to establish if there are any extenuating circumstances for the contravention.
Advanced video analytics
An advanced Video Analytics Module, specifically developed for use in the traffic enforcement industry, is used to detect the specific yellow box contraventions. On installation, the software is tuned to the yellow box capture scene and the traffic movement of interest. Sophisticated movement filters can be applied to ignore vehicles that are not in contravention. This learning mode helps to reduce false positivies and increase camera efficiency.
Advanced camera technology
The Siemens Mobility LaneWatch Mk3HD camera is a sophisticated traffic monitoring device, designed for automatic on-street operation in all weathers, 24/7. Its evidence processor manages the ANPR, video analytics, evidence processing, vehicle identification, authorised user lists and operating schedules. Fault monitoring software automatically detects faults and remotely alerts the Siemens Service Operations Centre for remote diagnostics and repair when necessary.
Key Camera Features
- Automatic contravention detection
- Twin High Definition (HD) camera modules, for contextual overview images and close-up identification images.
- Exemption lists
- High-definition video recording
- Integrated Evidence Processor
- Automatic fault monitoring
- 24/7 operation / scheduled operating times
- Full connectivity including fixed and wireless LAN and 4G operation
- VCA and CE approved
Secure and affordable solutionsOur Digital Enforcement Solutions are usually provided by Siemens Mobility as a fully-hosted service - offering secure, accessible and scalable solutions with the knowledge that Siemens Mobility experts are maintaining and optimising the solution at all times. Our hosted solutions are both low risk and affordable and furthermore facilitate secure remote working - a proven benefit during the COVID-19 pandemic allowing Local Authority staff to continue the effective management of their road assets whilst adhering to Government advice to stay home.
- Hosted solutions provide full-service packages, peace of mind and affordable solutions
- Established low risk solution, with low operating costs
- Easy to deploy, redeploy and expand
- High quality video-based evidence
- High accuracy ANPR capture
- High operational availability
- Local or fully hosted solutions
- High availability
- Managed, dynamic and secure data storage
- Links to all Notice Processing Systems, including Chipside, Civica, Conduent, Imperial & Taranto
- Gateway Interfaces to third party enforcement and video recording devices (typically Mobile Enforcement Vehicles)
Installation and Project Management
Siemens Mobility is able to manage your entire enforcement project which makes for a quick and efficient installation, meeting all of your requirements, those of the end-user and also all associated CDM regulations.
Our Project Managers are trained and qualified in undertaking deployments ranging from single units to deployments of over 100 cameras in a single phase. We also provide other project services such as:
- System design / Consultancy
- Site surveying and suitability studies
- Preparation of detailed Project Plans
- Preparation and issue of all RAMs
- Adherance to CDM requirements
- Full installation and commissioning with User Acceptance Testing
- Completion and handover to the Field Support Team
Maintenance and Support
When it comes to maintenance and support, Siemens Mobility has unrivalled experience in maintaining on-street technology such as Enforcement Cameras and Traffic Control Systems
- Onsite maintenance is carried out by the Field Service Team based regionally across the UK and remote support is provided by the Civil Enforcement Technical Team.
- Siemens 24/7 Service Operations Centre can monitor and provide out-of-hours activities, including allocation of calls to standby Engineers.
- Mobile data systems allows the service operatives to receive and clear fault details directly into the Siemens InView Fault and Asset Management System.
The Siemens Yellow Box junction Digital Enforcement Solution forms part of a suite of compatible hardware and software modules that provide an enforcement tool kit to tackle road safety, traffic congestion, environmental and emissions targets and traffic regulation compliance.