Wayside communication systems
Connecting you more
Make the most out of your assets with end-to-end solutions from Siemens Mobility – which tap into connectivity, asset monitoring, and data analytics to bridge the gap between your railway’s current operation and a more transparently efficient future.
Efficient and reliable connectivitySiemens wayside products are used throughout the rail industry to provide critical track occupancy detection and communications. Our cost-effective, robust solutions connect train operations to back-office management. A modular architecture allows for flexible as well as simple installation and maintenance.
For reliable communications between office and field locationsThe Siemens AB switch (53434 series) is normally used in conjunction with two of our 9-port wayside communications controllers/field protocol devices (WCC/FPDs) (53401 series) to provide redundant communication with code lines. The switch and the two connected WCC/FPD units communicate via an Echelon (LonTalk) LAN. The switch constantly checks the health of the WCC/FPDs and, if any problem is detected with the primary unit, the AB switch automatically transfers all lines to the backup unit. All the modules can be easily mounted on standard relay racks, instrument house backboards, or even shelf mounted.
- Communication protocols suite for both Positive Train Control (PTC) and Advanced Train Control System (ATCS) based radios for interoperability
- Supports multiple Ethernet and serial interfaces to interconnect to wayside devices
- Integrates seamlessly with existing Centralized Traffic Control (CTC) systems, Network Management System (NMS) tools and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) based architecture
- Provides a complete migration path to PTC while leveraging existing assets
- Unmatched connectivity options to data radios
- Converts Echelon messages to Ethernet messages
- Easily mountable on standard relay racks, instrument house backboards, or even shelf mounted
- Weight is approx. 8.3 lbs. (3.76 kg)
- Input voltage 9 VDC to 32 VDC, isolated, reverse polarity
- 4 Ethernet ports
- 1 DB-25 RS-232/RS-422 Sync/Async port
- 8 digital inputs